The Arizmendi Association of Cooperatives is itself a cooperative made up of seven member businesses: six cooperative bakeries and a development and support collective. Members share a common mission, share ongoing accounting, legal, educational and other support services, and support the development of new member cooperatives by the Association.
Our organizational mission is to:
- Assure opportunities for workers’ control of their livelihood with fairness and equality for all
- Develop as many dignified, decently paid (living “wage” or better) work opportunities as possible through the development of new cooperatives
- Promote cooperative economic democracy as a sustainable and humane option for our society
- Create work environments that foster profound personal as well as professional growth
- Exhibit excellence in production and serving our local communities
- Provide continuing technical, educational and organizational support and services to member cooperatives
- Seek to link with other cooperatives for mutual support, and to
- Provide information and education to the larger community about cooperatives
If you are interested in learning more about starting a cooperative, please refer to our page on Worker Cooperative Resources.
Arizmendi Association of Coopertives
1904 Franklin Street, Suite 204
Oakland, CA 94612
(415) 683-3335 phone
(510) 834-4264 fax